Location Pocatello, ID
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a position available at our facility in Don Plant – Pocatello, ID. In the Rocky Mountain foothills, Pocatello offers a university, parks, golf, and outdoor recreation.
Works under general supervision and initiates opportunities for improvement on a routine basis. Develops programs and initiatives for improvement that align with regulatory requirements, company objectives and facility needs. Conducts industrial hygiene sampling, maintains equipment and reports. Manages and maintains Material Safety Data sheets as it pertains to development, filing and needs of customers and/or suppliers. Conducts independent research on techniques or systems that can be used to improve safety through engineering design, behavior and/or administrative controls. Assists others in developing, implementing, and evaluating programs to assure personnel and facility safety. Work is consistently reliable and delivered in a timely manner.
- Participates with others in monitoring and controlling the organization’s safety standards in accordance with OSHA and State regulations.
- Conducts audits of safety programs at the plant and identifies and controls significant loss-producing exposures.
- Provides input for the development and implementation of phases of programs and record keeping systems to track and evaluate personnel injury and illness experience.
- Conducts basic trend analysis, audits, accident investigations, and site inspections of operational procedures, facility design, equipment, and materials.
- Assists others in developing and conducting phases of employee training, emergency preparedness, and quality assurance programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year college or university
- Three plus years related experience and/or training.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret Federal Regulations and technical documents.
- Developing ability to write clear, concise technical reports and documents.
- Must be competent working with computer programs such as Windows, Access, Word, and Excel.
- May provide leadership to less experienced specialists and to technicians.
- Good analytical (math or statistical) skills.
Disclaimer – These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID# 5253